Water change Wednesday….
I think I am going to call Wednesday “water change Wednesday” from now on. Although I have changed water on other days, it seems that Wednesday is the day but I digress…..
I did the normal 5 gallon water change and cleaned the skimmer, which is starting to pull less and less out each week. I know the skimmer is clean and the water level is the same but between the water changes and keeping it clean, I am guessing there is less to skim. I might go a for a wetter skimmate but even now, it has gone from dark brown to light brown over the last month.
Be a turkey….
I did notice that using the turkey baster on the live rock last keep the cyanobacteria at bay for almost 7 days. There was a light coating of cyano on the top, middle rock near the back but not as much as the week before when I didn’t use the turkey baster.
I know that many of you are wondering if Joe’s Juice did any better this week. The answer is yes and no. Out of the 25 aiptasia that I fed last week, there are maybe 12 left and of those 12 they are much smaller. It seems that Joe’s Juice needs to be fed to the aiptasia at least twice or maybe three times. I will have a picture up today or over the next few days to show the progress. I did feed a larger amount the second time than the first so that could also be a reason why more of the aiptasia seem to be gone.
I plan on trying kalkwasser paste and or the lemon juice concoction but I am a little leary of the lemon juice.
New hammer coral and let there be light….
I also added a new hammer coral frag from AQUAPROS that looks really good.
I switched out one of my ATI Blue+ T5 tubes for an ATI Actinic with hopes that the hammer could have a little more fluorescence, which at first glance it seems to have worked.